This pie crust is amazing! My sister Linda developed it for our son who has severe allergies and eczema. We’ve used this crust for apple pies, peach pie, and pumpkin pie. The tallow gives it an excellent flakiness and taste.
- ½ cup beef tallow (butter can be used if tolerated)
- 1.5 cups white rice flour OR brown rice flour
- ¼ t salt
- ⅓ pear, peeled and cored
- optional drizzle of water (to make pie-crust consistency)
- Combine the tallow and pear with a pastry cutter or food processor.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients by hand or in the food processor.
- Fill with pie filling or bake at 425 for about 20 minutes (until lightly brown) for a pre-baked crust.